Recipe by CHRISSYG
Made this last night from leftovers and pantry items. Turned out GREAT! The "sauce" is finished in the time it takes to cook the pasta.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small strips crosswise
- 0.59 ml paprika
- 0.59 ml dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml asparagus, cut into 1 in pieces
- 340.19 g jarprogresso alfredo sauce
- 1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- 44.37-59.16 ml chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese or 59.14 ml locatelli cheese
- 453.59 g penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- begin cooking penne according to package directions.
- In a large deep frying pan heat olive oil and add green peppers and garlic, sauté about two minutes then add asparagus, sautee until crisp tender.
- Remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sprinkle paprika, oregano, salt and pepper over chicken pieces.
- Add to the hot pan and sauté until no longer pink.
- Return the peppers and asparagus to the pan stir together with chicken.
- Add the alfredo sauce and the the chopped roasted peppers and stir.
- Bring back to a simmer and add the basil and cheese.
- Immediately turn off and continue to stir.
- Drain pasta and return to large cooking pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta and return to heat for about two minutes stirring frequently.
- Serve with additional grated cheese on the side.