Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray from her television show, 30 Minute Meals.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bay leaves (fresh or dried)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups good quality chicken stock
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, diced
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- fresh parsley, chopped (1 hand full)
- fresh dill, chopped (1 hand full)
- Place a large pot over moderate heat and add extra-virgin olive oil.
- Work close to the stove and add vegetables to the pot as you chop, in the order they are listed.
- Add bay leaves and season vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add stock to the pot and raise flame to bring liquid to a boil.
- Add diced chicken tenderloins, return soup to a boil, and reduce heat back to moderate.
- Cook chicken 2 minutes and add noodles.
- Cook soup an additional 6 minutes or until noodles are tender and remove soup from the heat.
- Stir in parsley and dill, remove bay leaves and serve.
- This is a thick soup.
- Add up to 2 cups of water if you like chicken soup with lots of broth.
This is so easy to make. It tastes like you simmered it all day. I left it thick with noodles, veggies and chicken. I will be making this again! Made for Cookbooks Tag. Thanks for posting a YUMM-O recipe Juenessa.
I made this for lunch today and it was delicious. We liked it thick and it was very filling. I added a little bit of thyme as well. This was very easy to make with great results. Thanks, Juenessa.