Recipe by Juenessa
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray from her television show, 30 Minute Meals.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This is so easy to make. It tastes like you simmered it all day. I left it thick with noodles, veggies and chicken. I will be making this again! Made for Cookbooks Tag. Thanks for posting a YUMM-O recipe Juenessa.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bay leaves (fresh or dried)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups good quality chicken stock
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, diced
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- fresh parsley, chopped (1 hand full)
- fresh dill, chopped (1 hand full)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large pot over moderate heat and add extra-virgin olive oil.
- Work close to the stove and add vegetables to the pot as you chop, in the order they are listed.
- Add bay leaves and season vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add stock to the pot and raise flame to bring liquid to a boil.
- Add diced chicken tenderloins, return soup to a boil, and reduce heat back to moderate.
- Cook chicken 2 minutes and add noodles.
- Cook soup an additional 6 minutes or until noodles are tender and remove soup from the heat.
- Stir in parsley and dill, remove bay leaves and serve.
- This is a thick soup.
- Add up to 2 cups of water if you like chicken soup with lots of broth.