Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from a recipe on a box of biscuit mix. I have added ingredients to the original recipe, which was a little thin for my taste. I like my soups and such to be thick with ingredients. I used canned chicken, but if you have leftover cooked chicken, feel free to use it (or use turkey for variety).
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 3 (5 ounce) cans cooked chicken, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (stems & pieces)
- 1 (18 ounce) can mushroom soup (not cream of mushroom, look at the premium brands for creamy mushroom soup)
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, combine the ½ cup milk, peas and carrots, chicken, mushrooms and soup. (Note about the soup: The recipe software interpreted "creamy mushroom soup" as cream of mushroom soup. Do not used condensed cream of mushroom soup; look at the premium brands for "creamy mushroom soup" which is a ready to eat product.)
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- While soup mixture is heating, stir biscuit mix and the 1/3 cup milk together until it forms a soft dough.
- After soup mixture comes to a boil, drop the dough onto (not into) the chicken mixture in 8 or 9 spoonfuls.
- Sprinkle dumplings with paprika.
- Lower heat to low and simmer gently without a cover for 10 minutes, then cover and cook 10 minutes more.
- Serve hot.