Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light. To quickly thaw veggies, place them in colander and rinse with warm water for about a minute.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, roasted, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas, cut in 1/2 inch strips, 6 inch tortillas
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in large saucepan over med-high. Add onion; saute 5 min or til tender. Stir in chicken and veggies; cook 3 min or til thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- While chicken mixture cooks, combine water, flour, and broth. Gradually stir broth mixture into chicken mixture. Stir in salt, pepper and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minute Stir in tortilla strips, and cook 2 min or til strips soften. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Discard bay leaf.