Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from the back of a bisquick box, I tried it once and my family loved it. I change it up every now and then too, instead of chicken use ham.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Heat first amount of milk, peas and carrots, both soups and chicken to a boil in a medium sauce pan, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix bisquick and second amount of milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by the spoonful into the chicken mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes. Cover and cook and additional 10 minutes.
This is pretty much what I was looking for - quick and easy. I cooked the chicken in the crockpot for about 4 hours, then added the soup, milk and veggies for another hour. I transferred everything to a pot on the stovetop to make the dumplings. I think next time I'll use more chicken and veggies and add some seasoning.