Recipe by kitchenslave03
This is a Cooking Light recipe I haven't gotten around to trying yet. I might thicken it a bit when I prepare it, and probably add some fresh parsley because I always have it on hand.
Top Review by meaghanquinlan
This was super easy and tasted better than I expected. I"m sure you could get creative with it and add different spices or other things into the mix, but for something so quick and not too bad for you, it turned out really well.
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking barley, uncooked
- 3 (1190.67 g) can low sodium chicken broth
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 414.03 ml onions, chopped
- 283.49 g package frozen mixed vegetables
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring barley and broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- While barley cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high. Add onion, and saute 3 minutes. Add mixed veggies and cook 2 minutes. Add veggie mixture, chicken, salt, pepper and thyme to barley mixture, simmer 5 minutes.