Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
There is practically no excuse to have fast food for dinner when it is this quick an easy to fix a tasty meal. Serve this with rice or buttered noodles. Bacon and chicken make a good marriage!
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 6 scallions
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut the chicken across the grain into 1/2 inch slices and sprinkle with salt.
- Cut the scallions, including the green tops, into thin slices.
- Brown the bacon in a large frying pan.
- Remove it from pan.
- Put half the chicken in the pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside with cooked bacon.
- Cook remaining chicken in the same way.
- Return all the chicken and bacon to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Add the wine or stock and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the scallions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I love bacon, so I loved this recipe. I served mine with white rice. We loved it! Thanks for a great dish!
my family prefers a more flavorful dish...so i added some of my own spices the second try and they loved it...if you add some seasoned salt or their favorite creole seasoning it does the trick!
I found this lacking a little "something." I added a little extra Wyler's chicken boullion from the shaker bottle to spice it up a little bit. Perhaps I didn't add enough salt to begin with. Although it wasn't a complete disaster, I don't think that I will be making it again. The thoughts of all that bacon grease going into my tummy gave my veins cholesterol attacks.