Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Taken from an iVillage message board and this person says they got it from allrecipes.com
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) jar turkey gravy, divided
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced (not needed if not a big fan of garlic)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Place chicken in crock pot with potatoes.
- Add seasoning.
- Pour gravy over, reserving 1/4 of the jar.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-4 hours till chicken is done and potatoes are soft.
- When almost ready, pour remaining gravy in pot for thickness.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
I used a can of chicken gravy that had herbs in it. I also added some onion powder to the mix. I did leave out the potatoes & added instant rice near the end of the cook time. Made for Please Review My Recipe
As written this was just OK for us but it does have potential. I doubled the recipe for my family and used chicken gravy instead of turkey. We thought it was really bland and needed a lot more spices. I also would do as another reviewer mentioned and add carrots next time. Mine cooked in three hours. This was very easy to put together in the morning.
We liked this dish but unlike another reviewer, we felt this recipe lacked seasonings/flavor. It is very quick to make, ours was done in about 2 hours and the chicken was nice and tender. Made again, we would add some more spices, sage, rosemary to name a couple, and maybe some carrots for a complete meal. We did not feel the need to serve this over rice or pasta, as the potatoes already gave the dish it's starch for the meal. This recipe has alot of potential, we just feel it needs a bit of tweeking.