Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy quick supper. The veggie ingredients for Quick chicken can be easily changed to suit what you have in the frige.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 -10 skinless chicken thighs
- 6 shallots, peeled and whole
- 1⁄4 cup sweet green pepper, strips
- 1⁄4 cup yellow sweet pepper, strips
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, strips
- 1 head garlic, separated peeled cloves,cut in half
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 can cut yellow beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- spray large heavy frypan with veggie spray.
- Heat and add olive oil.
- Add chicken legs and brown, set aside.
- Add to frypan, shallots, all peppers, and garlic cloves, stir and cook until lightly browned.
- Add vinegar, oyster sauce and chilli sauce.
- Bring to boil, add chicken legs, reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add yellow beans and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Serve hot, alone or with brown rice.
This is wonderful! We loved all that garlic. It mellowed out during cooking and was just perfect with the sauce on the chicken. This was very easy to make. I followed the recipe except for omitting the yellow beans. I served this with Dorothy's Spinach and Walnut Stir fry and also her Cucumber Relish. What a great meal!! Thank you Dorothy!!
A delicious dinner, Derf! I made a few minor changes out of necessity. I didn't have oyster sauce so substituted plum sauce, used onion instead of shallot and used all orange sweet pepper. I omitted the beans as well. I think the flavour remained mostly as intended and it went together easily and quickly. The chicken was very moist and tender. Thanks for posting this, Derf :)