Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Something new I found in a magazine, love the flavours and easy to prepare.
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, halved
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat the oil in a large lidded frying pan and quickly cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned, set aside.
- Add the chicken fillets to the pan and brown quickly over high heat.
- Add the wine to the pan.
- Return the vegetables and add the tomato soup and the thyme.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- *I serve this with rice.
Evei, this was delicious and so easy. Only change I made was to add extra garlic and used boneless chicken breasts instead. YUMMMMMMMMMM Thank you Evie ; )
Very tasty - thanks for a great recipe! I found myself craving the leftovers while I was at work and couldn't wait to get home to eat more!
This was very good on a cold night. I would make this agian, but would add a big handful of fresh parsly to finish and might chuck in a few olives as well.