Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 ounces Hershey's semi-sweet baking chocolate, Broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick) or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, Chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 deg F.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate.
- Microwave at high (100%) 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted when stirred; cool slightly.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Blend in melted chocolate, flour and baking powder.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
It was pretty easy to make. Another suggestion instead of nuts is frozen toffee. It doesn't bake all the way, and is absolutely delicious!