Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe makes me think of chocolate covered cherries, but in cake form.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sift or mix dry ingredients together into a 9-inch square or round microwave-safe pan that has been greased and sugared.
- Make three wells in the dry ingredients. Place oil, vinegar, and vanilla in each well, distributing evenly.
- Pour water over all and blend throughly with a fork, but do NOT overbeat. stir in cherries and walnuts.
- Microwave for 7 minutes at MEDIUM(70%) for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes at HIGH-100% (shield corners if using a square pan, for the first 7 minutes of microwaving time). Cool.
- Frost with chocolate frosting of choice and decorate with halved maraschino cherries.