Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this in a pinch once for something quick and was surprised at how good it was!Quick and easy to stir up, as easy as a cake mix, yet it tastes homemade! I used to receive regular recipe cards in the mail once and this was one of them. Great served warm with some cool whip.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- powdered sugar, to dust over top (optional)
- In large mixing bowl, cream the butter & sugar, add eggs and beat until light & fluffy.
- Add almond extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder, mix until smooth.
- Turn mixture into a greased 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Spoon pie filling into the cake in 16 spots, spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cake tests done.
- The filling will sink into cake as it bakes.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Serve bottom side up, dust with powdered sugar if using. Top with Cool Whip or whipped cream if desired.
- Awesome served warm!
- Can substitute blueberry pie filling if desired.
I also got this in the mail on a card from Great American Recipes. It's actually really good. My hubby is a cherry freak. So this really tickles his fancy. Thanks for sharing this with everyone!