1/7 Photos of Quick Cherry Cobbler
I found this recipe in the Betty Crocker "Good and Easy" cookbook and it's become a family favorite. The almond and cherry combination is wonderful. It's such a fast recipe, using ingredients that are easily kept on hand. UPDATE 2/16/09: Thanks to several reviews pointing out that the recipe needs to be served a la mode, I am modifying the original recipe to the way I've been making it myself for years now. I've always had ice cream in step 8 as a serving option (have now added it to the ingredient list) & I've always used a full teaspoon of almond extract in the mix because we prefer the stronger flavor. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to review. *Tink
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix pie filling & almond extract in ungreased 8x8x2" square baking dish.
- 2Place in COLD oven.
- 3Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Mix Bisquick, 1 Tbl sugar, milk & butter with fork until a soft dough forms.
- 5Drop SIX spoonfuls onto warm filling. It's not meant to be a top crust, just 6 individual biscuits with filling showing inbetween.
- 6Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 7Bake 18-20 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
- 8Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Cherry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.9 mg
- Sodium 255.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g