I found this recipe in the Betty Crocker "Good and Easy" cookbook and it's become a family favorite. The almond and cherry combination is wonderful. It's such a fast recipe, using ingredients that are easily kept on hand. UPDATE 2/16/09: Thanks to several reviews pointing out that the recipe needs to be served a la mode, I am modifying the original recipe to the way I've been making it myself for years now. I've always had ice cream in step 8 as a serving option (have now added it to the ingredient list) & I've always used a full teaspoon of almond extract in the mix because we prefer the stronger flavor. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to review. *Tink
- Mix pie filling & almond extract in ungreased 8x8x2" square baking dish.
- Place in COLD oven.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix Bisquick, 1 Tbl sugar, milk & butter with fork until a soft dough forms.
- Drop SIX spoonfuls onto warm filling. It's not meant to be a top crust, just 6 individual biscuits with filling showing inbetween.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.