Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
I found this recipe in the Betty Crocker "Good and Easy" cookbook and it's become a family favorite. The almond and cherry combination is wonderful. It's such a fast recipe, using ingredients that are easily kept on hand. UPDATE 2/16/09: Thanks to several reviews pointing out that the recipe needs to be served a la mode, I am modifying the original recipe to the way I've been making it myself for years now. I've always had ice cream in step 8 as a serving option (have now added it to the ingredient list) & I've always used a full teaspoon of almond extract in the mix because we prefer the stronger flavor. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to review. *Tink
Top Review by diamonds4heather
FANTASTIC and couldn't be any easier; I got rave reviews on it tonight. I served it with Baskin Robbins french vanilla ice cream on top...yummy. It was so simple and quick I nearly felt guilty getting complimented on it! The other great thing is that you always have the ingredients on hand, so you can just throw it together in a snap. Thanks for the post. Its a keeper. :)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (I use 1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- vanilla ice cream, optional for serving (or whipped cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pie filling & almond extract in ungreased 8x8x2" square baking dish.
- Place in COLD oven.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix Bisquick, 1 Tbl sugar, milk & butter with fork until a soft dough forms.
- Drop SIX spoonfuls onto warm filling. It's not meant to be a top crust, just 6 individual biscuits with filling showing inbetween.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.