This is my mom's recipe, its quick and super easy. All your friends will be impressed at your beautiful cheesecake! I know mine are, and I ALWAYS get asked for the recipe.
- Combine all 3 packages of softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, and blend on medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. it will be very thick.
- add eggs, and vanilla.
- blend again on medium speed until well blended, mixture should be smooth and pourable.
- preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- remove plastic cover from pie crust, and add cream cheese filling to crust.
- bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake for 35-40 minutes (times vary depending on your oven) so keep an eye on it.
- let cheesecake cool on stove top for at least an hour or until cool.
- add cherry pie filling and refrigerate