Angela Sara's Note:
The centre of these look like little spirals. You can use a packet of sweet short crust pastry, but I think that a home made one is tastier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces butter or 3 ounces margarine
- 2 ounces sugar
- 2 1/2 fluid ounces milk
- 1Preheat oven to Gas5/380F degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a baking sheet.
- 3Sieve together the flour and salt.
- 4Add fat, rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 5Add sugar.
- 6Make a well in the centre and add milk gradually until you have a light soft dough.
- 7Roll out into an oblong 1/4 inch thickness.
- 8Brush with melted margarine.
- 9Sprinkle with the mixed fruit, sugar and spice.
- 10Roll up so that you have a long roll.
- 11Cut off 14 even sized rolls.
- 12Place cut side down on the greased baking sheet.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chelsea Buns
Serving Size: 1 (617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 97.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: