Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This quick and easily made snack is quite addictive. I never seem to make enough when friends visit but they never seem to mind waiting while I make more. It's also good for practicing your "pan flipping" skills. This recipe is made with "popcorn seasoning". Although I used Cheddar cheese powder in this variety, many other flavors are available. I also like Nacho, Parmesan, and Cheddar/Bacon. You can get these and many other flavors from www.SpiceBarn.com.
- In a sauté pan add Oyster Crackers about 2 or 3 layers deep.
- Turn the flame on low.
- Spray the oil liberally on the surface of the crackers.
- Before the oil soaks in, liberally sprinkle the Cheddar powder and a little salt.
- "Flip"the crackers in the pan and repeat the last step about 3 or 4 times until they are well coated, tasting as you go, until they reach the flavor that you like.
- Caution: Be careful not to spray the oil into the open flame.
- When you reach the intensity of flavor that you like, remove from the flame and let cool or eat them warm-- ENJOY!
- If you like these-- try other flavors of popcorn seasonings.
This technique makes a great snack with lower fat that other methods. I have now used this for many flavors, I happened to post the picture of the ranch flavor, but have used many of the popcorn seasonings also. I love any snack that I feel good about giving to my family, and this is one of them! Thanks for submitting this awesome pan flip method!