Recipe by Sharlene~W
A quick, hearty dish that is easy to put together. I found it years ago in a Better Homes & Garden Hamburger and Ground Meats cookbook. Gosh--does that make me sound old?
Top Review by Dib's
This really is a great recipe. I put the onions, celery and peppers in the processor to puree as DD hates to find "chunks". She really liked the flavor and the "Cheesy Cheese"-we did have more at the table. Thanks for posting, Di
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef until browned; drain off any fat.
- Stir in potatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, bouillon cube, water and salt.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk together flour and milk.
- Slowly add to meat mixture, stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese and heat, stirring, just until cheese melts.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheese when serving, if desired.