- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- bacon bits (optional as a topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the frozen hash browns in a greased 13x9 pan.
- In saucepan place all other ingredients and heat until the cheeses all melt.
- Pour cheese sauce over the frozen potatoes.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Enjoy this, especially with ham.