Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick and tasty, I've passed this one on many times. Great to take to a potluck! Cook time does not include standing time.
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- bacon bits (optional as a topping)
- Place the frozen hash browns in a greased 13x9 pan.
- In saucepan place all other ingredients and heat until the cheeses all melt.
- Pour cheese sauce over the frozen potatoes.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Enjoy this, especially with ham.
These were delicious and EASY. I forgot the onion and they still turned out great. Excellent make ahead recipe.
I've used a similar recipe for some time now. Most cheesy potato recipes call for condensed soup which I dislike. They add a salty unnatural taste. This recipe is great for holidays or gettogethers.
Excellent potatoes! It used easy to obtain ingredients and was quick and simple to put together. The recipe said 1 package of cheddar cheese. I used about two cups. I did not use the bacon. Delicious recipe Laurie, thanks for sharing it!