Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great with steak or barbecued ribs!
- 1 loaf vienna bread or 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 12 slices processed swiss cheese
- 4 -6 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- Peel off top and side crusts from loaf of bread.
- Mix butter, onions, mustard, poppy seeds, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- Make 8 to 10 slices in bread.
- Cut each cheese slice into 2 triangles and place one triangle, long-side down, in each cut of bread.
- Place the next triangle so that the point falls over the top of the cut in the bread.
- Continue until each cut has 2 triangles of cheese.
- Spread rest of butter mixture over top of loaf and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Heat on a foil-covered cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes.
These are really good!But are they suppose to have 12 or 24 slices of processed swiss cheese? I just used 12. I thought it might be a typo?