1 hr 10 mins
I haven't made this yet, wanted to post it so I won't lose this recipe, it was developed by Cook's Illustrated: Using no–boil lasagna noodles and a quick homemade tomato sauce—or even a good store–bought sauce—makes lasagna an easy weeknight meal. If you prefer a jarred sauce, we recommend Patsy's Marinara, Bertolli's Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce, or Barilla Marinara. You'll need about two 24– to 26–ounce jars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese (1 3/4 cups)
- 2 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups tomato sauce (see note above)
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (one 8 or 9 ounce package)
- 1 lb whole milk mozzarella, shredded (4 cups)
- 1Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the ricotta, 1 cup of the Parmesan, the basil, egg, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- 2Spread 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a 9 by 13–inch baking dish. Place 3 of the noodles on top of the sauce and drop 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture down the center of each noodle, then spread it to an even thickness. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the sauce evenly over the cheese. Repeat this layering two more times.
- 3For the final layer, place the 3 remaining noodles on top. Spread the remaining 1 1/4 cups sauce over the noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and then the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Spray a large sheet of foil lightly with vegetable oil spray and cover the lasagna. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes longer. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Cheese Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.1
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 2206.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles