Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, quick and tasty! This recipe was a Pillsbury Bake-Off winner in 1982.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, flour and egg until smooth.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; place in an ungreased 8 or 9-inch round cake pan; press over bottom and 1 inch up sides to form a crust-lined pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the pan.
- Blend 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes or until filling is set and edges of crust are deep golden brown.
- Cool 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool; store in the fridge.
I thought the batter part of this tasted great, but the biscuits seemed a bit out of place to me. So we ended up eating the cheese cake part and leaving the biscuit crust behind. But this could be from using Grands biscuits (which is all I had) and doubling the batter. So I will refrain from assigning a rating to the recipe.
I prefer a normal pie crust, but this recipe is easy and tastes very good. I've also made it with lemon extract as well as vanilla.
I added !/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract then after cooled topped it with strawberry preserves yummy