Recipe by Sam #3
So yummy! Made these for supper tonight and they were just gobbled up! From Easy Everyday Cooking. Freeze these for up to 1 mth - thaw & reheat in warm (200F) oven for 10 minutes.
Top Review by Ambervim
Easy, quick and tasty. I like that it is a small recipe. I started them at 400F in error and raised to 450 mid way....everything was just fine. I added a pic of the dough as it is VERY wet. Don't worry, that is just right. I refrigerate part of the dough and just make what I want to eat right now.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in cheddar.
- Cut in butter using pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Using fork, stir milk into flour mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Do not overwork or overmix dough.
- Drop dough in heaping tablespoonfuls, 1in apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes.