Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
A very simple recipe for quick bread that uses my 2 favorite cheeses...It can be used as an accompaniment to a meal OR as a snack with a cup of tea...I like it best if it's warm and buttered
- 3 1⁄3 cups biscuit mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute, slightly beaten (Egg Beaters)
- Preheat oven to 350°F; in one bowl, combine the biscuit mix and both cheeses --.
- In a seperate bowl, combine well the milk and egg substitute; Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir until moist --.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9" by 5" loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 55 min (your time may vary).
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 min before serving (it should be warm when served).
- Note:if you prefer other cheeses, sharper flavored cheeses are best.
This was simply wonderful! i did not have Monterey Jack on hand but had some Pepper Jack, which spiced it up a bit. The recipe was very easy and the cooking time was exact. The flsvor was almost like a biscuit but not quite. Definately a favorite of mine now!
Very, very good! We loved it! Just about ate the whole thing in one sitting :)