Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
Top Review by crazycookinmama
I think this was very good. Nice and moist, with great cheddar flavor, I just thought it was kind of missing something...maybe some red pepper flake or something, me and the DH love spicy. Thanks for a great easy recipe to throw together.
- 3 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry ingredients, then cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, then add the cheddar cheese.
- Combine the milk and eggs then add the mixture to the cheddar mixture.
- Stir until just moistened, then spoon into a greased 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
- Remove from the pan immediately and let cool on a wire rack.