Recipe by franzcooks
This was a huge hit at a family function. I went from about 1 ½ lbs to a ramekin in less than two hours. My sister in law commented how good it was. I asked her, “Do you know how much this cost?” She shook her head bracing for a high number. I said, “believe it or not, less than five dollars”. Yes, a pound and a half of “pate” for less than five dollars, hence the name.
Top Review by ChefTali
I liked this recipe, but my friends didnt. i made it for a party and there was ALOT leftover. My mom also came to said party and she took all the leftovers home because like me she enjoyed it.
- 1 lb braunschweiger sausage (I use Oscar Mayer in the tube)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onion and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the herbs and process.
- Add the braunschweiger and process until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the cream cheese and process until smooth.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and process until absorbed.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor and whir for about 30 seconds.
- Serve with crackers.