Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wanted a copycat version of Olive Garden's chicken scampi but wanted it to be quick and easy. So I took a several different chik scampi recipes and made one of my own. Even my picky 8y/o liked this, even though he picked out the bell peppers. :) It may look like a lot of ingredients but sooooo easy!
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked according to package (start first, so will be finished before chicken)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced or 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 roma tomato, quartered, seeds removed then diced small
- 1. heat butter and oil in large skillet or pot over med. high heat until melted.
- 2. add bell pepper, onion, chicken, garlic, italian seasoning and red peppers.
- and cook until done and lightly browned
- 3. add cooked pasta, soup, can of water and lemon juice then stir.
- 4. add tomato and serve.
- 5. enjoy! with a nice green salad and/or garlic bread.
Omg i was in such a hurry i didnt even care what recipe i picked but i Loved this! i thot great no ratings means bad but i had to register to review lol. <br/>1)These were my changes, I did it for serving of 4 and, first of i used the whole 10oz can of cream of mushroom and half the pasta from box, cut the whole red pepper as well, <br/>2)wayy more garlicc!, i used minced and powder both, more italian seasoning and i needed more salt my self for chicken!<br/>3) i did butter but also some olive oil, better!<br/>4) it needed more lemon in my opinion so i did half of and a quarter of lemon, (for half of pasta box of course)<br/>5) the red pepper flakes are the icing for us but we use Arbol chillie pods and break them spicey and yummy!)<br/>6) i decided not to top it off with tomatoes jusst didnt want that cold tastless flavor with that yummy pasta taste. Thanks for recipie!!