Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend in MOMS Club. The basic recipe is the same, but I have changed it just a bit to reflect our preferences. For example, DD loves black olives so I added them as one of the "toppings." I love this recipe because it is easy to double or triple to make for big crowds. You can add whatever you want, even change the meat to sausage if you want. AND, it's a great meal to prepare in advance. It refrigerates well if you want to make it a day ahead and freezes well if you want to make it even further in advance.
- 2 cups dry pasta, any shape(s)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ounces pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 3 ounces canned mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta to al dente stage. Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion in large pan. Drain beef and return to pan.
- Add sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, green pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to pan and mix well.
- Spoon into casserole dish and top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350* for 15 minutes (will need longer if previously refrigerated or frozen) until cheese is melted and bubbly.