Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Found in the Winter 2007 issue of Raley's/Belair/Nob Hill Foods, Something Extra magazine.
Make and share this Quick Cassoulet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chop, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) package garlic sausage, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) canscannellini white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons thyme
- 3⁄4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high head. Add pork and sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add carrots, garlic and onion to pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are golden and carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add meat back to pot with beans, tomatoes, broth, bay leaves and 2tsp. thyme. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together bread crumbs, melted butter and remaining thyme. Top cassoulet with crumbs, then broil until lightly toasted.
Easy peasy, hearty party, yummy blummy! I had bone-in chops & they worked fine. The meat fell off the bones, lol. This made dinner for 2 nights for the kids & I. An excellent recipe. I used kielbasa. Made for PAC fall '07.