Recipe by Jen T
A quick different way with carrots. You can use other herbs if you like in place of the basil. I have used both fresh garlic and crushed from a jar with little difference.
Top Review by I'mPat
The DM, DS and I thoroughly enjoyed the carrots done this way, I used the first of our garlic from the garden and sweet basil from the herb garden and it really freshened up the carrots which I cooked in the steamer and cooked as directed. Thank you Jen T, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #54 July 2011.
- 500 g carrots (sliced diagonally)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves (sliced thinly or 1 teasp crushed garlic from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (thinly sliced or chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in boiling water for for 2 -3 mins until tender but crisp or microwave if desired.
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of liquid.
- Combine the garlic and oil in a nonstick pan and cook over a moderate heat until fragrant (you can smell the garlic).
- Add the carrots and stirring, cook until well combined and hot, adding a little of the reserved cooking liquid if necessary.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
- Serve hot.