1/8 Photos of Quick Carrots With Garlic & Basil
Jen T's Note:
A quick different way with carrots. You can use other herbs if you like in place of the basil. I have used both fresh garlic and crushed from a jar with little difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook carrots in boiling water for for 2 -3 mins until tender but crisp or microwave if desired.
- 2Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of liquid.
- 3Combine the garlic and oil in a nonstick pan and cook over a moderate heat until fragrant (you can smell the garlic).
- 4Add the carrots and stirring, cook until well combined and hot, adding a little of the reserved cooking liquid if necessary.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Carrots With Garlic & Basil
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g