Top Review by ShaGun
I added the yogurt as toni suggested. I also made these into 18 muffins (baked at 350 for 15-20 minutes). They came out very moist and sweet. I also left out the nuts. This was a good recipe, but I have other healthy carrot bread recipes I still prefer.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded raw carrot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a loaf pan with vegetable oil spray then dust with flour.
- Mix sugar and applesauce in a bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to applesauce mixture.
- Add carrots to mixture and mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50 minutes.