Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 ounces chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 small banana pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 unripe bananas, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked quick-cooking brown rice
- Season chicken with salt and red pepper. In a large, nonstick skillet, cook chicken in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and banana pepper. Cook and stir for 5 to 6 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink and potato is just tender.
- In a small bowl stir together the pineapple juice and cornstarch; stir into chicken mixture. Cook and stir gently until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in bananas. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Serve over cooked brown rice. Makes 4 main-dish servings.