Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and delicious
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (approx.)
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cool about 10 minutes.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar until frosting is of right consistency to spread, beating well after each addition.
- Makes enough for 8 or 9" layer cake or 9x13 cake.
This was so yummy and easy! I added a small amt. of vanilla flavoring and 1 Tablespoon maple syrup.