Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy to make. The recipe comes from a magazine and goes well with the Apple Bread. There are two variations included.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture reaches a pudding-like thickness. Remove from heat.
- Quick Caramel-Pecan Frosting: Prepare Quick Caramel Frosting as directed; remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans.
- Quick Caramel-Coconut-Pecan Frosting: Prepare Quick Caramel Frosting as directed; stir in 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut and 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans.