Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from the label on a can of Bruce's brand yams. The yams can be prepared in the oven, on the stovetop, or in the microwave.
- Oven directions:
- Combine syrup, sugar, and butter in saucepan over medium heat until thickened.
- Place yams in shallow baking dish and pour sauce over yams.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.
- Stovetop directions:.
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring just to boil on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir, and serve.
- Microwave directions:.
- Combine all ingrediens in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover and mocrowave on high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes. Stir and serve.
This is perfect. I don't like yams too overdone & too sweet. This has just the amount of sweetness to let you know that you are eating a delicious vegetable; not a dessert. This is on my dinner table every holiday and me and my family love them! Sometimes simple just tastes better.