1/4 Photos of Quick California-Style Ham and Eggs Benedict
Caroline Cooks's Note:
What a treat for Sunday brunch! Adapted from Southern Living. (Time does not include baking the biscuits.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 frozen biscuits
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml fresh chives, chop and divide
- 28.34 g package hollandaise sauce mix (or make your own)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml cooked ham, chopped
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground red pepper (optional)
- 2.46 ml white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml loosely pack arugula (optional)
- 1 small avocado, sliced (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1Bake biscuits according to package.
- 2Combine melted butter, 1 tablespoons chives; split biscuits, and brush with mixture.
- 3Place biscuits, buttered side up on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 5 minutes or until toasted.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare Hollandaise according to package, using milk and lemon juice but omit the butter.
- 5Sauté ham in skillet over med- heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6Stir ham and red pepper, if using, into Hollandaise sauce; keep warm.
- 7Add water to a depth of 2 inches in a large sauce pan.
- 8Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain at a light simmer.
- 9Add ½ teas white vinegar. Break eggs one at a time into a large serving spoon, and slip carefully into the water.
- 10Simmer 3-5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- 11Remove with slotted spoon. Trim edges with sharp knife.
- 12To Serve:.
- 13Place bottom biscuit halves, buttered side up on 4 warmed plates.
- 14Top with arugula, slices of avocado (if using), and then poached eggs.
- 15Pour the Hollandaise mixture evenly over eggs.
- 16Sprinkle with remain chives and black pepper to taste.
- 17Serve remaining biscuit halves on side.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick California-Style Ham and Eggs Benedict
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.9
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 235.4 mg
- Sodium 514.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hollandaise sauce mix