Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was in a hurry, and wanted something that that tasted home-made. I didn't want to spend a lot of time cooking, so I came up with this. Standing time is included in cook time. I know that this isn't real Cajun, but it's good.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red beans, drained do not rinse
- 1 (5 2/3 ounce) packagelipton cajun sides rice and sauce mix (dirty rice mix)
- 3⁄4 lb smoked sausage, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, heat oil.
- When oil is hot, add sausage.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- When mixture starts to boil, cover with lid.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- If desired serve with cornbread.