Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was in a hurry, and wanted something that that tasted home-made. I didn't want to spend a lot of time cooking, so I came up with this. Standing time is included in cook time. I know that this isn't real Cajun, but it's good.
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, heat oil.
- When oil is hot, add sausage.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- When mixture starts to boil, cover with lid.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- If desired serve with cornbread.
I cooked this for dinner the other day, and it was very yummy! A little salty, but I'm sure that can be tweaked somehow. Otherwise, very delicious!
This was very tasty. I happened to have everything and thought this would do the trick. We enjoyed it, but it was a little oily even after I cut down the amount used. I will make this again. Thanks for a winner!
This is really good and easy to make.I am cajun and can tell you that the taste of this is too.I sometimes use rice-a-roni red beans and rice with cajun sausage.I don't have to fry the sausage first,just add it to the pot.I have used other smoked sausage and it is just as good.Your recipe comes real close to mine in taste.Thank you so much. It is a keeper!