1/1 Photo of Quick Cajun-Style Skillet
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I was in a hurry, and wanted something that that tasted home-made. I didn't want to spend a lot of time cooking, so I came up with this. Standing time is included in cook time. I know that this isn't real Cajun, but it's good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over medium heat in a large skillet, heat oil.
- 2When oil is hot, add sausage.
- 3Cook until lightly browned.
- 4Add rest of ingredients.
- 5When mixture starts to boil, cover with lid.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 7Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 8If desired serve with cornbread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Cajun-Style Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 869.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice and sauce mix