Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is spicy and quick. I found this recipe on razzle dazzle recipes.
Make and share this Quick Cajun Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless pork chops, lean, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Combine paprika, salt, sage, cayenne, and black peppers and garlic powder.
- Coat chops well on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat butter over high heat just until it starts to brown.
- Put chops in pan, reduce heat to medium.
- Fry on both sides until dark brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Delicious!! I love the spice mixture, which gives the pork chops great flavor! This was super easy to prepare and quick-cooking. What more could you ask? I had to cook my chops a bit longer because they were pretty thick. I think this recipe would be awesome grilled. Thanks!
OMG!! We just loved these chops!! I cut the recipe in half and used 2 chops that were about 1 1/2 inch thickness. Since it is so hot & humid here, even cooking on the stove top heats up the house, so I decided to rub the chops with the 1 tsp butter and then rubbed on the seasoning. We placed them over very hot coals and seared the one side for a minute or so and then flipped and repeated, then moved them off the coals and covered the grill and cooked them until they were done. We served these with Simple Side Dish With Red Skinned Potatoes and corn on the cob for a fabulous meal. This is going into my "Best of 2013" book. Made for ZWT 9.
These were delicious pork chops! And it really doesn't get any easier than this quick recipe (as the title so aptly states). The blend of spices really did flavor the chops quite nicely, but I think the sage is what contributed the most flavor. We really enjoyed this great recipe of yours, Lavender Lynn. Made for ZWT9 - Cajun/Creole.