Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Canada's Garden Greens' cookbook. Serve this for your next Asian themed meal. (The carrot was added for color. Substitute packaged shredded cabbage with carrots for faster preparation.)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 1⁄2 cups cabbage, shredded coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and butter in a large wok or frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the garlic. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until garlic is fragrant. DO NOT burn!
- Increase heat to high. Once the heat is to temperature, add the cabbage, carrots, green onions, cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Stir fry for about 3 minutes or until the cabbage is tender-crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.