Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Canada's Garden Greens' cookbook. Serve this for your next Asian themed meal. (The carrot was added for color. Substitute packaged shredded cabbage with carrots for faster preparation.)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 1⁄2 cups cabbage, shredded coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large wok or frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the garlic. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until garlic is fragrant. DO NOT burn!
- Increase heat to high. Once the heat is to temperature, add the cabbage, carrots, green onions, cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Stir fry for about 3 minutes or until the cabbage is tender-crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
A super quick dish to make. It went very well with Chinese-Barbecued Pork Tenderloin (Recipe ##470181). I will keep this one on file to make again. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
Everyone loved this! Once the chopping is done, it's quick, easy & very tasty! Made for Culinary Quest/CCQ.