Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like hot milk, you'll like this! From my favorite cookbook, Esther Shank's Mennonite Country-Style Recipes. I've tweaked it just a bit.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 dash cinnamon
- In a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup, whisk together milk, brown sugar and kosher salt.
- Add butter and heat in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Meanwhile, run hot tap water in mug to warm it up.
- Pour heated drink into hot mug and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Oh man was this amazing!!!! I used brown sugar Splenda and low carb milk so it was virtually guilt free too. My 10 year old loved it too. 10 stars!!
I gave this to my DS when he wasn't feeling so good. He said it made him feel much better. It reminds me of something my mom used to make us to drink when we couldn't sleep. The warm milk was very relaxing. I did add a bit of vanilla and a dash of almond extract. Very good. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders Tag - Thanks! :)
I wanted a warm drink... but without any coffee or chocolate... this was delicious!!! I did leave out the sprinkle of cinnamon ( personal preference) and did stir it after 90 seconds and then heated it for another 15 seconds... Perfect!!!