Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quick and easy breakfast for the family.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a 4 cup measuring cup (to take advantage of the spout for easy pouring) whisk together buttermilk, egg and milk. Dump in dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Heat a nonstick griddle until drops of water sizzle when sprinkled on to the surface.
- Pour batter onto griddle in whatever size or shape takes your fancy. When bubbles form and edges look slightly dry, use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for another 30-60 seconds, until second side is evenly browned.
- This made about 12 4-inch pancakes.
- Any remaining batter can be refrigerated overnight and the recipe can easily be doubled.