Prep 5 mins
Cook 26 mins
With only FOUR ingredients, this is a keeper. I got this from Quick Cooking.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and pudding mix.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Fold in pecans.
- Roll into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Place balls 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten to 1/2-inch with a greased glass.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks.
I won't rate this with stars due to the fact that I took it upon myself to experiment with this recipe. I tried it with sugarfree pudding and it was not successful. I just wanted to note this as an FYI to those who might try it. They were dry to the extreme. My bad, but I thought it was worth a try. :)
Delicious cookie and so easy to make! I subbed light margarine since that's what we keep on hand. I'm not sure if it made a difference, but I also used a regular cook & serve pudding since that's what we had in the pantry. The cookies were great, tasted like a shortbread. Thanks for posting!
I must say,I was skeptical about this recipe. No eggs, no sugar? They were fabulous! My husband and sons agreed. I will just double this recipe from now on.The pudding will now be my "secret". They're light, buttery and melt in your mouth!