There are a lot of butter chicken recipes on this site, but this one is quicker than most.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken thighs, deboned and skin and excess fat removed
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala, spice mixture
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup butter
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2-2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, spice mixture
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1Cut the chicken thighs into bite-size pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add 2 Table. tandoori masala spice mixture to the chicken and stir to blend. Set aside.
- 2In a large nonstick frying pan put the oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- 3When the oil is hot, add the onion and stir-fry until the onion is golden.
- 4Add the garlic and stir one minute.
- 5Add the chicken pieces to the pan and the butter and cook until you get some brown spots on the chicken. Flip the chicken over occasionally with a spatula.
- 6In a mixing bowl put the tomato sauce, 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, cayenne, garam masala, sugar, salt and turmeric. Stir until everything is well mixed.
- 7When the chicken is cooked throughout, add the sauce from the mixing bowl and stir to blend. Reduce heat to medium or medium-low.
- 8At this time, you may check to see if you want to add 1/2 cup or so more of the cream.
- 9Check for salt. If desired, add a little more of the tandoori masala spice mixture to the sauce.
- 10Heat only until the sauce is just hot, stirring frequently.
- 11Can be eaten with either Indian bread or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Butter Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.4
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 180.8 mg
- Sodium 924.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: