Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
There are a lot of butter chicken recipes on this site, but this one is quicker than most.
- 6 chicken thighs, deboned and skin and excess fat removed
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala, spice mixture
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, spice mixture
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-size pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add 2 Table. tandoori masala spice mixture to the chicken and stir to blend. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick frying pan put the oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and stir-fry until the onion is golden.
- Add the garlic and stir one minute.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and the butter and cook until you get some brown spots on the chicken. Flip the chicken over occasionally with a spatula.
- In a mixing bowl put the tomato sauce, 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, cayenne, garam masala, sugar, salt and turmeric. Stir until everything is well mixed.
- When the chicken is cooked throughout, add the sauce from the mixing bowl and stir to blend. Reduce heat to medium or medium-low.
- At this time, you may check to see if you want to add 1/2 cup or so more of the cream.
- Check for salt. If desired, add a little more of the tandoori masala spice mixture to the sauce.
- Heat only until the sauce is just hot, stirring frequently.
- Can be eaten with either Indian bread or rice.