Recipe by Nattymummy
Scrummy way to make your pasta sauce HUGELY filling! Quantities can be flexible depending on taste, and the contents of your fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add bulgur wheat to a pan with 1 1/2 C boiling water.
- Reboil, cover and take off the heat to absorb the liquid.
- In your favourite pan, saute onions and garlic in the oil until softened.
- Add capsicum and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, puree, herbs,salt,sugar and pepper.
- Cook over very low heat whilst you are boiling up pasta of your choice.
- Add bulgar, cook for 2-3 minutes and check seasoning.
- I serve this over spaghetti, with parmesan on the side for those who like it.