Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is adapted from Kraft Foods. It is quick and easy for a weeknight treat. Reduced fat cheese can be used as well as dressing.
- 59.14 ml cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 29.58 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 9.85 ml Italian dressing
- 2 slice French bread, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- In a small bowl, mix together the quartered tomatoes, cheeses, basil and dressing.
- Lightly toast the 2 slices of bread, rub the toasted bread with the peeled garlic.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of bread and place the under a broiler just until the cheese begins to melt.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Yummy! Made as written and would not change a thing. Thanks so much for the great post.
I'll have to give this a try. I've always found fresh tomato, fresh basil and diced mozz cheese mixed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil on toasted bread to be the bomb. Thanks for the new idea.
I used orange cherry tomatoes from my garden. And I used a bit more of mozzarella. We love cheese LOL Thanks Paula. Made for the Babes of ZWT4