Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Instant or Minute Brown Rice is required if you want to make this dish for two as a quick lunch side dish. Cooked meat or tiny shrimp could also be added to make this a complete one dish meal. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup onion (Diced)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, and the liquid
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Drain the liquid from the can of mushrooms into a measuring cup and add enough additional water to make one cup.
- Bring the liquid to a boil in a covered sauce pan, add the instant brown rice, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- At the end of the 5 minute cooking period, remove from the heat, but DO NOT PEEK.
- Set aside for at least 5 more minutes to rest.
- While the rice is resting, saute the onions and mushrooms in the olive oil and butter.
- When the onions are transparent, remove from the heat, add the finished rice to the saute pan, add salt and pepper and stir.
This is a great dish to go with fish and it is very easy and quick to make.
This is just wonderful! It adds so much flavor to regular old brown rice, and it's so easy to prepare. I followed the recipe exactly, and I wouldn't change a thing. It's perfect as it is. This would serve two easily...but I must admit that it's so good that I could eat the whole thing by myself. Thanks Brother William!