Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
Instant or Minute Brown Rice is required if you want to make this dish for two as a quick lunch side dish. Cooked meat or tiny shrimp could also be added to make this a complete one dish meal. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup onion (Diced)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, and the liquid
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the liquid from the can of mushrooms into a measuring cup and add enough additional water to make one cup.
- Bring the liquid to a boil in a covered sauce pan, add the instant brown rice, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- At the end of the 5 minute cooking period, remove from the heat, but DO NOT PEEK.
- Set aside for at least 5 more minutes to rest.
- While the rice is resting, saute the onions and mushrooms in the olive oil and butter.
- When the onions are transparent, remove from the heat, add the finished rice to the saute pan, add salt and pepper and stir.