Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From www.lundberg.com/recipes. A delicious healthy breakfast / snack option. My kids love these. I also pan fry them lightly.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine rice, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir into rice mixture.
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot deep fat (360) and fry until brown.
- or do as I did and pan fry in a little oil.
- Drain on absorbent paper, sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar mix and serve hot.
Yum!! I had some left over brown rice from last night's dinner and I whipped these up for a lunch time snack. They are delicious! I fried them in olive oil.
Wow! I divided this in three, and it was amazing. I can't believe how tasty and easy. I used instant brown rice and pan fried it with canola oil. It makes a delicious plateful that isn't nearly as high in calories as I thought it would be. This is a brilliant recipe - and so easy!