Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 4 oz.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup planters walnut pieces, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook 3 minute or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- ADD mushrooms; cook 3 minute or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add broth; stir. Bring to boil.
- STIR in rice; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minute Remove from heat; let stand 5 minute Add walnuts and parsley; mix lightly.
Delicious! I love the addition of mushrooms and walnuts. I truly enjoyed this side dish. Thank you.
This was awesome! I cut the recipe in half and there was still enough...but my DH and I ate it all. The brown rice gives it a nice chewy texture which we love. I followed it exactly except when I went to make this I didn't have walnuts so I substituted toasted pine nuts (worked fine). I will be making it again with toasted walnuts. Served with Spinach-Filled Fish Rolls #150662 and Cucumber Salad #357343. Thank you! Made for Spring PAC 09.